October 28, 2018 – NEW YORK – After a rigorous selection process involving hundreds of world-class companies from across the Americas, Svante (formerly Inventys) has been chosen to join twelve other growth-stage ventures in the 2018 Unreasonable Impact Americas program.
Today through November 8, 2018, these entrepreneurs on a mission to generate thousands of future jobs in the emerging green economy will learn how to scale their companies faster at the third annual Unreasonable Impact Americas program. Unreasonable Impact is an innovative multi-year partnership between Barclays and Unreasonable Group to launch the world’s first international network of programs focused on scaling up entrepreneurial solutions that will help employ thousands worldwide while solving some of our most pressing societal challenges.
Svante is a progressive carbontech company with an aspiration to be a global leader in building a physical CO2 marketplace. Action should be taken now to capture CO2 from large manmade industrial and gas power plants. We see carbon management as an opportunity to put CO2 to work. For any climate mitigation portfolio and carbon management plan to be meaningful, it will require CO2 to be utilized and stored at the gigatonne scale.
During the two-week intensive program, Svante will receive mentorship and advice from business experts and serial entrepreneurs, including Tom Chi, former head of experience at Google X; Betty Hudson, President at Hudson & Associates and former Chief Communications Officer at National Geographic; and Ted Roosevelt, Chair of Barclays Cleantech Initiative, among other senior leaders from across Barclays.
The program will take place in Connecticut and include two exhibition events, one of which will be in New York City, where Svante will showcase their innovation.
“Gigatonne-scale carbon management will require massive investments and therefore presents significant supply chain and financing opportunities and challenges,” said Svante President & CEO Claude Letourneau. “I’m very excited to be part of this program and to be challenged by such an impressive network of business experts.”
“Through the Unreasonable Impact program, Barclays hopes to create jobs that benefit society and accelerate economic growth,” said Joe McGrath, Global Head of Banking at Barclays. “This is Barclays’ third year sponsoring the Unreasonable Impact program, and we look forward to supporting these entrepreneurs with our resources and mentorship to help them scale their business.”
Daniel Epstein, Founder and CEO of Unreasonable Group, said, “Since launching Unreasonable Impact, we have supported some of the world’s most exciting and impactful ventures to grow faster and create nearly 7,000 new jobs. We’re incredibly excited to bring this new group of ground-breaking ventures into the global portfolio and support them on their journey of delivering high-impact, rapidly scaling solutions to problems the world previously thought were impossible to solve.”
After two full years of programs, Unreasonable Impact’s community of over 70 ventures currently impacts over 105 million people, operates in over 180 countries, supports nearly 20,000 jobs and has raised a combined $1.3bn in total financing to date. As the third year commences, Svante will join this notable global network in its shared effort to create thousands of jobs on the frontier of the green economy.
For more information, visit unreasonableimpact.com.
The participating US companies include:
- Astraea: Building the world’s most advanced machine learning platform for Earth-observing satellite data and geospatial information.
- Cambrian Innovation: Providing distributed installations to extract resources like clean energy and clean water from wastewater.
- ECOR: Providing material solutions for products to be designed from 100% recycled waste that are also 100% recyclable.
- Evrnu: Recycling cotton garment waste to create premium, renewable fiber for the creation of new clothing.
- Hydrostor: Providing grid-scale electricity storage by storing renewable energy as compressed air.
- Svante: Building the CO2 marketplace via breakthrough carbon capture technology.
- Kuli Kuli Foods: Improving nutrition and farmer income through delicious moringa superfood products.
- Natel Energy: Enabling climate resilient hydropower while maintaining the health of watershed ecosystems and the communities who surround them.
- Qnergy: Providing renewable, reliable, resilient power through Free-Piston Stirling Engine technology.
- Stony Creek Colors: Using bio-based textile dyes to bring sustainability to farmers while empowering fashion brands with transparency.
- Vital Vio: Reinventing disinfection to safely and continuously kill germs, mold, and fungi with the flip of a light switch through advanced LED technology.
- Zero Mass Water: Making drinking water an unlimited resource with SOURCE, a set of panels that make water from air.
- ZincFive: Delivering nickel-zinc based energy storage and delivery solutions for mission critical industries.
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer and wholesale bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 80,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. For further information about Barclays, please visit our website www.home.barclays
About Unreasonable Group
Unreasonable’s mission is to drive resources to and break down barriers for entrepreneurs solving key global challenges (i.e. ensuring renewable energy reaches the 1.3 billion people currently without electricity, reimagining the future of healthcare, or addressing the global unemployment crisis). Through running worldwide accelerator programmes, a globally oriented private equity fund, an extensive network of over 300 serial business leaders as mentors, and advanced storytelling and media activities, Unreasonable is designed to exclusively support entrepreneurs positioned to solve society’s toughest problems. For more information about Unreasonable, please visit www.unreasonablegroup.com.
About Unreasonable Impact, created with Barclays
Unreasonable Impact is an innovative multi-year partnership between Barclays and Unreasonable Group to launch the world’s first international network of accelerators focused on scaling up entrepreneurial solutions that will help employ thousands worldwide in the emerging green economy. Since 2016, Unreasonable Impact has hosted programs each year in three distinct markets: the Americas, UK and Europe, and Asia Pacific. To date, the 70-plus ventures that comprise the global cohort operate in over 180 countries, have raised over $1.3bn in funding, have generated over $1.1bn in revenue, and support almost 20,000 jobs.
Svante Inc., headquartered in Vancouver, BC, Canada, is a leading carbontech company with a vision to be a global leader in building a CO₂ marketplace and enable the mass market for bulk distributed CO₂ supply by being a focused low-cost supplier. Svante is working to create new market spaces by leveraging its breakthrough carbon capture technology. For more information, please visit https://svanteinc.com/.
For investor inquiries:
1(778) 985 5722
For media inquiries:
1(587) 319 2828
To download or read a pdf copy of the release, click: NR_2018-10-29_Inventys_Unreasonable-Impact-Americas-2018-Entrepreneur